Once, Smart Light Installation Turned My Room Dark!

Photo of author

By Rose Marie

As the owner of the Smart Home, I am constantly looking for new ways to upgrade my home with the latest and greatest smart home technology. 🏡 But, once the process of smart light installation turned my room dark.

A few months ago, I decided to install smart lights 💡 in my living room to create a more comfortable and energy-efficient living environment. I enlisted the help of a professional team to get the job done.

However, during the installation process, I faced a scary incident that taught me a valuable lesson about avoiding common mistakes. ✨

The installation team arrived on a sunny afternoon and got right to work. As they began installing the smart lights, I noticed that they were not taking the necessary precautions when it came to electrical safety. ⚠️

They were not turning off the power to the room they were working in and were not wearing any protective gear. 🧤 👨‍🔧

As they were working, I noticed that one of the team members was struggling with the wiring. He seemed to have trouble connecting the wires properly, and I could tell he was frustrated.

I expressed my concerns to the team, but they assured me they knew what they were doing.

However, suddenly, there was a loud pop, 💣 and the lights in the living room went out. The team member who had been struggling with the wiring looked up in shock, and I could see that his hand was blackened and charred.

The team had accidentally short-circuited the electrical wiring, and we were left without power.

It turned out that he had made a critical mistake during the installation process. He had failed to turn off the power to the room before working on the wiring, and he had accidentally electrocuted himself in the process. 🔌

Thankfully, the team member was fine, 😇 but it was a wake-up call for me. From that day on, I made sure to do my research on the installation team before hiring them. I also made sure to double-check that they were taking the necessary safety precautions before letting them work in my home.

The installation team’s mistake was not turning off the power before working on the electrical wiring. This is a common mistake people make when installing smart home technology, and it can be dangerous if not done correctly. ❌

To avoid this mistake, always make sure to turn off the power to the room you are working in and wear protective gear, such as gloves and safety glasses.

As a blogger who is constantly promoting the benefits of smart home technology, it’s important for me to make sure that my readers are aware of the potential dangers that come with these types of projects. 🚫 ⚠️

Personal Experience When Smart Light Installation Turned My Room Dark

And that was my vision for the creation of this blog. I want my readers to get well-researched information with experience about these devices and to prevent them from making the same mistakes that I made. 🧡

By doing your research and ensuring that the installation team is taking the necessary precautions, you can avoid dangerous situations like the one I faced.

Stay safe and happy with smart home upgrading. 👩‍🦰

Read another interesting personal experience of mine with these smart technologies: An Intruder Cat Saying Hello In Security Camera

Leave a Comment